- Windows 7 or 8.1 or 10 is recommended. Mac OSX 10.6 or greater is supported as well.
- Intel Celeron or better processors are preferred.
- 1 GB or more of RAM
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 10 or greater or Mozilla Firefox. (Safari and Mozilla Firefox for Mac OSX)
- All students are required to have administrator rights to their PCs and cannot be logged in to a domain using any Group Policies that will limit their machine’s capabilities.
- If you do not have administrator rights to your PC, you at least need permissions to download, install, and run Cisco Any Connect Client.
- If you are participating in a WebEx event, it is highly recommended to take this class at a location that has bandwidth speeds at a minimum of 1 Mbps bandwidth speeds.
Note: Students registering for this course will be receiving their course kit in a digital format. To be able to view your digital kit you will need to bring a laptop PC and/or a compatible iPad or Android tablet. The recommended system requirements and instructions to access the course kit content can be found at the following link: Digital Course Kit Requirements and Instructions
Please be aware that this digital version is designed for online use, not for printing. You can print up to 10 pages only in each guide within a course. Please note that every time you click the Print button in the book, this counts as one page printed, whether or not you click OK in the Print dialog.
If you have any questions or issues with meeting the requirements listed above, please contact us at email@example.com and provide the class name to which you are attending and we will be more than happy to help.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Understand the basic RF principles and characteristics.
- Understand WLAN security methods and access with differing client devices.
- Define the Cisco WLAN architecture and the underling infrastructure used to support it.
- Implement a Centralized wireless access network using AireOS or IOS-XE wireless LAN controllers.
- Implement a Converged wireless access network using IOS-XE converged access switches and wireless LAN controllers.
- Implement small and remote access wireless networks using FlexConnect , Autonomous or Cloud architectures.
- Perform basic WLAN maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Describe the requirements for a WLAN design.
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Parts 1 & 2 (ICND1 & ICND2), or
- Cisco CCENT certification
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for individuals who are involved in the technical management of Cisco wireless platforms and solutions, which involves installing, configuring, operating and troubleshooting. In this course, the target audience will be refereed to generically as technicians.
This audience includes:
- Network engineers
- Network administrators
- Network managers system engineers