About this Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Training Course
This five-day, instructor-led Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Training Course teaches IT professionals how they can enhance the security of the IT infrastructure that they administer. This Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Training Course begins by emphasizing the importance of assuming that network breaches have occurred already, and then teaches you how to protect administrative credentials and rights to ensure that administrators can perform only the tasks that they need to, when they need to.
This Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Training Course also details how you can mitigate malware threats, identify security issues by using auditing and the Advanced Threat Analysis feature in Windows Server 2016, secure your virtualization platform, and use new deployment options, such as Nano server and containers to enhance security. The Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Training Course also explains how you can help protect access to files by using encryption and dynamic access control, and how you can enhance your networks security.
This Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Training Course is for IT professionals who need to administer Windows Server 2016 networks securely. These professionals typically work with networks that are configured as Windows Server domain-based environments, with managed access to the Internet and cloud services.
Students who seek certification in the 70-744 Securing Windows server exam also will benefit from this Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Training Course.
Students should have at least two years of experience in the IT field and should have:
- Completed Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Training Courses 740, 741, and 742, or the equivalent.
- A solid, practical understanding of networking fundamentals, including TCP/IP, User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS).
- A solid, practical understanding of Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles.
- A solid, practical understanding of Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization fundamentals.
- An understanding of Windows Server security principles.
At Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Training Course completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Secure Windows Server.
- Protect credentials and implement privileged access workstations.
- Limit administrator rights with Just Enough Administration.
- Manage privileged access.
- Mitigate malware and threats.
- Analyze activity with advanced auditing and log analytics.
- Deploy and configure Advanced Threat Analytics and Microsoft Operations Management Suite.
- Configure Guarded Fabric virtual machines (VMs).
- Use the Security Compliance Toolkit (SCT) and containers to improve security.
- Plan and protect data.
- Optimize and secure file services.
- Secure network traffic with firewalls and encryption.
- Secure network traffic by using DNSSEC and Message Analyzer.