About this On Demand Course
The Microsoft on-demand product is an integrated on-line training experience that includes video, labs, exercises, text and knowledge checks. Attendees experience all of this through an on-demand course player.
- Access to the official Microsoft Video on Demand Course for 90 days from the point of first access, allowing you to start and stop when you need to.
- Lab access for 3 months from start of access.
- Digital edition of the Microsoft Official Curriculum (DMOC) manual for reference throughout your course. All DMOC come with fresh editions so your courseware will always be up to date.
- MCT Support via our Microsoft Training Support Yammer Group (you will be invited to the group after registration)
The content is based on the same official courseware we use in our instructor-led training, and videos feature engaging experts hand-selected by Microsoft. Unlike other on-demand offerings that offer simulated labs, MOC On-Demand gives you a live, real-time environment for hands-on training.
Get detailed instruction planning and deploying Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager and its associated site systems. This Microsoft Official on-demand course is designed for IT Professionals who are responsible for designing and deploying one or more System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager sites and all supporting systems, as well as configuring and managing endpoints in those systems. You will learn how to plan for the deployment of the central administration site, one or more primary sites and secondary sites, and all associated site systems. You will also learn how to migrate from System Center 2012 Configuration Manager to System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager.
This course also helps candidates prepare for Exam 70-243, MCTS: Administering and Deploying System Center 2012 Configuration Manager. Both Configuration Manager courses, 10747D and 10748C, or the equivalent knowledge and skills will be necessary to prepare for the exam.
This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) professionals who are responsible for designing and deploying one or more System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager sites and all supporting systems. They should have three to five years of experience in medium to large enterprise organizations, in a role in which they are supporting multiple desktop and server computers that run Windows-based operating systems.
This course is also for individuals who are interested in taking exam 70-243 TS: Administering and Deploying System Center 2012 Configuration Manager.
Both 10747: Administering System Center 2012 Configuration Manager and 10748C: Planning and Deploying System Center 2012 Configuration Manager are necessary to prepare for this exam.
Before attending this course, students must have a working knowledge at the system-administrator level of:
- Networking fundamentals, including TCP/IP and Domain Name System (DNS)
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and management
- Windows Server management including managing Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012
- Windows Client fundamentals
- Deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers
- Basic public key infrastructure (PKI) concepts
- Configuration Manager features and administrative tasks including:
- Working with the System Center 2012 Configuration Manager or newer administrator console
- Installing clients
- Maintaining hardware and software inventory
- Working with collections
- Deploying applications
- Managing software updates
- Deploying operating systems
- Settings management
Students who attend this training can meet the prerequisites by obtaining equivalent knowledge and skills or by attending the following courses
- Course 6419: Configuring, Managing, and Maintaining Windows Server 2008–based Servers
- Course 20411: Administering Windows Server 2012
- Course 20687: Configuring Windows 8.1
- Course 10747: Administering System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
- Course 6451: Planning, Deploying, and Managing Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007
- Six months of hands-on experience with System Center 2012 Configuration Manager or newer
Module 1: Overview of System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
This module explains the System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager infrastructure and the typical deployment scenarios.
- Introduction to System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
- Overview of the Configuration Manager Site System Roles
- Overview of the Configuration Manager Optional Site System Roles
- Overview of Configuration Manager Deployment Scenarios
- Overview of the Configuration Manager Client
Module 2: Planning and Deploying a Stand-Alone Primary Site
This module explains how to plan and deploy a stand-alone primary site.
- Planning a Configuration Manager Stand-Alone Primary Site Deployment
- Preparing to Deploy a Configuration Manager Primary Site
- Installing a Configuration Manager Site Server
- Performing Post-Setup Configuration Tasks
- Tools for Monitoring and Troubleshooting a Configuration Manager Site
Lab: Installing a Configuration Manager Primary Site
Lab: Performing Post-Setup Configuration Tasks
Module 3: Planning and Configuring Role-Based Administration
This module explains how to plan and configure Configuration Manager administrative users and access.
- Overview of Role-Based Administration
- Identifying IT Roles in Your Organization
- Configuring Role-Based Administration
Lab: Planning and Configuring Role-Based Administration
Module 4: Planning and Deploying a Multiple-Site Hierarchy
This module explains how to plan and deploy a multiple site hierarchy including a central administration site, primary sites, and a secondary site.
- Planning a Configuration Manager 2012 Multiple-Site Hierarchy
- Deploying a Configuration Manager 2012 Site
- Deploying the Central Administration Site
- Deploying Primary Sites in a Hierarchy
- Deploying Secondary Sites
Lab: Installing a Site Hierarchy
Lab: Verifying a Site Hierarchy
Lab: Installing a Secondary Site
Module 5: Replicating Data and Managing Content in Configuration Manager 2012
This module explains how to plan, configure, and monitor data types, intersite communication, replication, and content.
- Introduction to Data Types and Replication
- Managing Data Replication
- Planning Content Management
Lab: Configuring, Monitoring, and Troubleshooting Data Replication
Lab: Planning and Configuring Content Management
Module 6: Planning Resource Discovery and Client Deployment
This module explains how to plan and use various methods to discover resources and deploy the Configuration Manager client.
- Identifying Resources by Using Configuration Manager Discovery Methods
- Client Deployment in Configuration Manager
- Deploying Windows-Based Configuration Manager Clients
- Managing Configuration Manager Clients
- Monitoring Client Status in Configuration Manager
Lab: Implementing Configuration Manager Client Deployment
Module 7: Configuring Internet and Cloud-Based Client Management
This module explains how to plan and configure Internet and cloud-based client management.
- Managing Remote Clients by Using System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
- Managing Internet-Based Configuration Manager Clients
- Configuring Cloud Services in System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
Lab: Configuring PKI for Configuration Manager
Lab: Configuring Windows Intune Integration with System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
Module 8: Maintaining and Monitoring System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
This module explains how to perform maintenance tasks and monitor the Configuration Manager site systems.
- Overview of Configuration Manager 2012 Site Maintenance
- Performing Backup and Recovery of a Configuration Manager Site
- Monitoring Configuration Manager 2012 Site Systems
Lab: Maintaining System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
Module 9: Migrating to System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
This module explains how to perform migration tasks from Configuration Manager 2007 and upgrade Configuration Manager 2012 to Configuration Manager 2012 SP1 and then to System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager.
- Overview of the Migration Process
- Preparing Configuration Manager 2007 Sites for Migration
- Configuring Migration Settings
- Migrating Objects
- Upgrading Configuration Manager 2012 to Configuration Manager 2012 with SP1 and then to System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager