Who should attend
Anyone intent on getting Azure Administrator (AZ-104) should consider this hands-on intensive approach to accelerating certification. Companies looking to ramp teams and get them certified will benefit from the Team-approach used in our Hackathon-style training.
Candidates for the Hack The Cert™ program should have Azure Fundamentals Certification or the equivalent in experience in IT and cloud.
Outline: Microsoft Azure Administrator Hack the Cert (AZ-104HTC)
This collaborative, hands-on approach is supported by professional Azure coaches who will guide the team towards “Hacking” the business problem. Learners also benefit from having peers on their team that offer different perspectives, experiences and levels of expertise.
- 1.Virtual Machines and Networks: Create Virtual Network and Subnets. Create Virtual Machines and test the communication. Combine Azure Portal, CLI and PowerShell (Modules 3,4,8).
- 2.Identity: Create Windows VM with AD. Execute the script to create users. Implement AD Connect to Sync the users. Join VMs to AD (Modules 1,8).
- 3.Cross-site Connectivity: Implement VPN Gateway between your VNET and the provided on-prem VNET with SQL VMs. Ensure web app can connect to the SQL in the on-prem network (Modules 4,5,6).
- 4.Migrate with data protection services: Implement Site Recovery and migrate SQL VMs from on-prem network to your VNET. Protect all VMs with Azure Backups (Modules 6, 10).
- 5.Store the Files: Create Storage account. Migrate the files, leverage storage tiers, leverage storage tiers. Create Azure Files Service. Migrate from on-premises SMB to Azure Files. Configure VMs to use new File Share (Module 7).
- 6.Making it more secure: Deploy 3rd party Web Application Firewall. Make sure ALL the traffic to the web VM goes through the WAF solution (Module 6).
- 7.Monitoring: Monitor the health of you environment. Explore Azure Monitor logs. Create alerts for specific metrics (Module 11).
- 8.Let’s not overspend: Deploy Azure cost management. Examine the expenses of your infra. Observe the costs of Web and SQL VMs. Lock down the subscription with Azure Policy (Module 2).
- 9.Migrate to PaaS: Migrate the Web application from VM to Paas. Migrate the database from VMs to SQL Database. Configure backup for both web and database (Modules 9,10).
- 10.Containerize and monitor: Deploy Azure Kubernetes Service cluster. Deploy Web and API workloads to AKS. Monitor the AKS (Modules 6,7).