Who should attend
This course is designed to provide you with the skills required to become a Tableau power user. It’s made for the professional who has solid working experience with Tableau and wants to take it to the next level. You should have a deep understanding of all the fundamental concepts of building worksheets and dashboards, but may scratch your head when working with more complex issues.
Tableau Desktop I: Fundamentals or equivalent experience.
- Build advanced chart types and visualizations.
- Build complex calculations to manipulate your data.
- Use statistical techniques to analyze your data.
- Use parameters and input controls to give users control over certain values.
- Implement advanced geographic mapping techniques and use custom images and geocoding to build spatial visualizations of non-geographic data.
- Prep your data for analysis.
- Combine data sources using data blending.
- Combine data from multiple tables in the same data source using joins.
- Make your visualizations perform as well as possible using the Data Engine, extracts, and efficient connection methods.
- Build better dashboards using techniques for guided analytics, interactive dashboard design, and visual best practices.
- Implement efficiency tips and tricks.
Outline: Tableau Desktop II: Intermediate (TDI)
- Creating and connecting to data sources
- Defining subsets of your data
- Using calculations in Tableau
- Advanced table calculations
- Creating and using parameters
- Data extracts
- Comparing measures
- Tableau geocoding
- Viewing distributions
- Statistics and forecasting
- Dashboards and stories.