Who should attend
This two-day course is designed for security professionals who install, configure, and manage multiple security domains within their network security environment.
- Solid knowledge of Unix-based and/or Windows OS and TCP/IP Networking.
- Check Point training/certification: CCSA and CCSE.
- CCVS and CCAS are useful but not required.
- List and describe the function of each component in the CheckPoint MDSM solution.
- Explain how these components work together to help administrators manage multiple network security environments within a large network.
- Demonstrate understanding of how to install and configure the MDSM environment.
- Summarize the steps required to migrate a Security Management Server into a Domain Management Server.
- Explain how to implement MDSM High Availability using Secondary Multi-Domain and Domain Management Servers.
- Explain how to configure and manage policies from a Secondary Domain Management Server.
- Explain the difference between the two types of Log Server options used to store logs in MDSM.
- List the different types of activity logs available when using SmartConsole.
- Describe how to view and manage Multi-Domain activity logs in SmartConsole
- Describe how a Global Policy works in a distributed network.
- Describe how to configure a Global Policy to manage rules for multiple domains.
- Summarize the steps required to deploy a Global Policy.
- Explain how to integrate SmartEvent into a Multi-Domain Environment.
- Explain how to perform configuration changes on an MDS.
- Describe how to use troubleshooting and debugging tools on an MDS.
- Describe the techniques used to investigate and resolve issues with the Check Point Security Management architecture and Security Gateways.
Outline: Check Point Certified MultiDomain Management Specialist (CCMS-R80)
- Exploring the Multi-Domain Environment
- Migrating an SMS to a Domain Management Server
- Implementing Multi-Domain Management High Availability
- Deploying a Multi-Domain Log Server
- Deploying a Global Security Policy
- Integrating SmartEvent into a Multi-Domain Environment
- Performing Multi-Domain CLI Diagnostics
- Troubleshooting Multi-Domain Security Management Servers