Students should have a solid understanding of the basics of Salesforce concepts and functionality.
- Explain the Salesforce architecture and key terminology.
- Use the application development lifecycle to define the process of managing an app’s development, from design to final release.
- Compare different methods for granting users access to functionality and data.
- Build and customize applications to meet business requirements.
- Describe use cases for data management and validation tools.
- Analyze key performance indicators with reports and dashboards.
- Automate business processes using key features and functionality.
- Leverage the Salesforce ecosystem and resources to implement and maintain your Salesforce org.
Outline: Administrative Essentials for New Admins in Lightning Experience (ADX201)
- Explore Salesforce
- Salesforce Architecture
- Describe the Role of an Administrator
- Plan for Success
The Big Picture: All Users
- Company Information and Licensing
- Fiscal Year and Currency
- Organize and Collaborate
- Manage Users
- Login Security Controls
Feature Access and Object Security
- Permission Sets
- Field-Level Security
Salesforce Record Access
- Record Ownership
- Organization-Wide Defaults
- Role Hierarchy
- Sharing Rules
- Teams and Manual Sharing
- Restriction Rules
Customize Standard Functionality
- Object Overview
- Standard and Custom Fields
- Relationship Fields Custom Formula Fields
Customize the Existing User Interface (UI)
- Home Page
- Tabs and List Views
- Page Layouts
- Buttons, Links, and Actions
- Record Types, Business Process, and Path
Create New with Clicks
- Create a New Object
- Dynamic Forms
- Create a New Custom Tab
- Create and Deploy a Change Set
- Mobile Layout
- Automation Fundamentals
- Validation Rules
- Lead and Case Management
- Workflow and Approval Process
- Process Builder
The Future of Automation: Flow
- Flow Overview
- Build a Flow to Update a Field
- Build and Combine Flows
- Deploy Flow with a Lightning Component
- Order of Execution
- Back Up Data
- Import, Export, and Update Data
- Mass Delete and Mass Transfer
- Data Quality and Cleansing Tools
- Report Components
- Filters and Formulas
- Conditional Formatting and Charts
- Exports and Subscriptions